What Does Wound Care Do?
You know chronic or slow-healing wounds can cause additional problems and can sometimes threaten your life. Our specialists in the Banner Baywood Medical Center wound care program focus on those difficult wounds.
We use a coordinated care model. We assign a physician specialist and a case manager to work with you to ensure you receive the care and information you need to heal.
Our wound care specialists can treat a variety of problems, including:
- Diabetic ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Ischemic wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Radiation skin injuries
- Soft tissue and bone infections
- Surgical wounds
- Traumatic injuries
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Wounds caused by auto-immune disorders
- Wounds that have not healed within 30 days
What Are My Treatment Options?
If you or a loved one need wound care services, you’ll find everything you need at our wound care center. Some treatment options and other services we offer include:
- Management of swelling with specialized wraps and stockings to promote wound healing
- Treatment with advanced wound care products
- Total Contact Casts to take pressure off your foot wound
- Management of medications used to treat your wound
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Ostomy care
- Vascular and limb salvage