Please have school contact information ready, including name, phone email and address of contact at medical school.
- Rotations are available August through February.
- Medical students are NOT accepted for rotations in July
- Rotations are 4 weeks in duration
- All medical students will be restricted to a maximum of 4 weeks
- All rotations begin on Mondays at 8 a.m. (holidays excepted)
- A maximum of 2 days scheduled absence are allowed during the four week rotation (excluding weekends)
Once an application is completed and submitted it will automatically be sent to the program. All backup documentation mentioned in the online form will be required before your application will be reviewed. All medical student applications for rotations should be made well in advance of requested dates to allow for review of the application and scheduling. Selection of medical students will be made on the basis of strength of application and availability of rotations. Only applications containing all information requested will be considered. Priority will be given to students choosing family medicine as a career.
The program cannot monetarily compensate medical students nor their sponsoring institutions for rotations performed.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please apply early as spots fill quickly. We have always enjoyed the presence of medical students, and we often hear that medical students have found their experience at NCFM to be very educationally rewarding.
Please call (970) 810-2802 with any questions or to check on the status of your application.
- Fourth-year medical students from U.S. medical schools
- Best score on USMLE/COMLEX will be considered. Minimum passing scores of 210 on USMLE Step 1 or 515 on COMLEX.
- Proof of health insurance
Proof of HIPAA training
Completed background check through Banner Health
Medical school transcript (copy is acceptable)
- Letter from administrative individual (Dean, Dean of Student Affairs, etc.) of the sponsoring institution indicating the applicant is a student in good standing
- Letter from medical school verifying coverage of sponsoring institution's liability insurance at a minimum of $1 million per claim and $3 million aggregate
- Students who apply to this program should have the potential to be resident physicians in the State of Colorado. This means the student could potentially become a licensed physician in Colorado by their second year of postgraduate training. Please visit the Colorado State Board of Medical Examiners web page for further information.
Medical students evaluate each rotation and attending at the end of the rotation. These evaluations are used to improve the medical student rotations and activities.
Medical students receive verbal feedback during check-out every Friday from that week's attending and chief resident while on a hospital-service rotation.
Medical students are also evaluated by each attending, chief resident and resident during the rotation through an electronic evaluation. These evaluations are reviewed by the medical student and medical student director at the end of the rotation.
Student housing is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis and can be reserved for part or all of your rotation.
There is a $75.00/week fee to stay in the house. Fees must be paid in advance of rotation in the form of check, money order or cash.
The home has been stocked with basic kitchen needs, linens, etc. There are 4 bedrooms and 2½ baths. There is a shared living room and kitchen with full amenities for everyone’s use.
High-speed wireless internet access is available in the rental house.
No pets are allowed. Facilities are for student use only.
- 1932 8th Avenue
Greeley, CO 80631
To reach the house from North Colorado Medical Center, go east on 16th Street to 8th Avenue and turn right (South). Continue to 20th Street and take a left (East), then take your second left into a paved alley road, continue up about half block. The town home is on your left (West) side.