At Banner North Colorado Medical Center and our community care clinics, we understand children’s treatment is much different from adult treatment. We believe it requires different techniques, technologies and therapies. And we understand that parents are part of the healing process.
Our Banner Health Clinics have family medicine and pediatric specialists in Eaton, Greeley, Johnstown, Timnath and Windsor to cover care for everyday illnesses and injuries as well as children’s health and wellness services.
For children who need hospital care, Banner North Colorado Medical Center offers a dedicated area of the hospital for children from birth to 18 years of age. Features include:
- 15 pediatric inpatient beds staffed by hospital-based pediatricians and nurses specifically trained in the care of children
- 2 rooms in the emergency department designed for young patients
- Separate treatment room for procedures so children can feel safe in their hospital room
- Level 3 neonatal intensive care unit for premature and ill babies
- Toy closet where children can select toys including games, ride-on cars and virtual reality headsets
- Interactive play wall and separate indoor playroom
- Pediatric outpatient infusion therapy, lab draws and procedures
- Complimentary meals for child’s parents/guardians
Dedicated Pediatric Rehabilitation Clinic
The Pediatric Rehab Clinic at Banner North Colorado Medical Center provides specialized inpatient and outpatient care in a child- and adolescent-friendly environment.
Our services include:
- Physical Therapy to help children with developmental delays, range-of-motion limitations, strength/muscle weakness, balance difficulties and abnormal tone
- Occupational Therapy to help children develop age-appropriate skills (including self-help skills, fine and gross motor skills, sensory processing and handwriting) through play
- Speech Therapy/Speech-Language Pathology to help children with articulation, language, voice, stuttering, feeding and swallowing disorders
- Pediatric Feeding & Swallowing Program to help infants and children who have feeding difficulties, such as reflux, breast/bottle feeding difficulties, failure to thrive, poor volume, food aversions and self-feeding difficulties