Expectations of Faculty
If you agree to present education intended to qualify for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, you will be expected to:
- Submit a completed Disclosure Form which will be provided by the planner. If you or your spouse/partner report a conflict of interest, i.e., a financial relationship (of any amount within the past 12 months) with a commercial interest, please describe how you will ensure that relationship will not influence the content of your presentation. The ACCME requires that accredited providers resolve conflicts of interest. To meet that requirement, the CME committee chairman will review your report and may ask for a copy of your presentation or additional information per the CME Disclosure and Resolution of Conflicts of Interest policy below.
- Based on the identified need for education (the practice gap), formulate learning objectives that will describe the desired result of the education, i.e., what the physician participant is expected to be able to do after participating.
- Develop the content of your presentation to meet those objectives. NOTE: Commercial or business logos should not appear on slides or within the educational content in printed materials.
- Plan a format that allows for interaction with the audience.
- Upon request of the program director, provide a few questions for a post-test.
Resources for Presenters
- CME Disclosure and Conflict of Interest Policy revised April 2018
- National Faculty Education Initiative (NFEI)
Online training on the differences between certified CME and marketing/promotional activities
Claiming Credit for Teaching at a Live Banner CME Activity
To claim credit for preparing and presenting an original presentation at a live activity that has been certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, the physician may apply to the AMA for a certificate indicating the AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ awarded for teaching each activity. Consult the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award and credit system booklet for further information
CME Faculty may qualify for two AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per one hour of presentation time at education approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.