You are welcome to visit friends or family who are in the burn center. However, please remember that burn care requires strict visitor guidelines to help healing. We ask that you follow these guidelines and any additional guidelines provided by the burn unit staff and the patient’s family.
- No more than two visitors at a time, and you must obtain permission from the nurse.
- You must wear a gown, cap, mask and gloves while visiting, and you must wash your hands with disinfectant soap before entering and after leaving the room.
- We do not permit flowers (dried or real), plants and plush toys in the burn unit.
- Please help us maintain a healing atmosphere by staying as quiet as possible.
- Do not change the temperature of the rooms. The temperature is set at 76 degrees F or higher to help patients heal
- We may close the unit to visitors at various times to allow patients to rest, bandage changes and transport to and from the hydrotherapy room. You will be asked to leave the burn unit during these times.
These guidelines are subject to change depending on patients’ conditions and unexpected events.