We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals, who want to help us bring a new level of cancer care to Arizona.
At Banner MD Anderson we have a very diverse team of volunteers from the community who make significant contributions of time and talent to our mission of making a difference in people's lives through excellent patient care.
We require all our applicants:
- Complete a thorough application, interview and background research process. (could take up to 3 weeks)
- Commit to volunteering at least 100 hours within 6 months or 1 shift per week, approximately 4hours in length.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out our Volunteer Application and fax it to (480) 543-2861, deliver it by hand to the front desk or mail it to the hospital. Once we receive your application, our Volunteer Services manager will contact you to schedule an informational interview session.
The volunteer opportunities at the Cancer Center include:
- Boutique of Hope - assist with the retail operation of this very important shop that offers gifs and inspirational items and has a strong emphasis on supporting the needs of breast cancer patients
- Courtesy Cart Drivers - provide guests with transportation from the parking lots to the Cancer Center as well as to the other buildings on the Banner Gateway campus
- Diagnostic Imaging - greet patients in the lobby and escort them throughout the department
- Information Desk - greet everyone who enters the facility and act as a resource for guiding patients and visitors to their destination. They are truly the first faces of the Cancer Center.
- Infusion Center - focus primarily on patient comfort measures for patients while they receive their treatment
- Multi-Specialty Clinic - focus on patient comfort measures and also provide some administrative support to staff
- Radiation/Oncology - assist with the escorting of new patients to the treatment area and keep them company while they are waiting for their treatment
myCancerConnection is a cancer support community of trained volunteers—both cancer survivors and caregivers—traveling similar paths, joined together to share their experience, strength and hope.
Learn more about myCancerConnection
Offering Hope and Healing to Cancer Patients
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center leverages the collective strengths of Arizona’s leading health-care provider and the nation’s top-ranked cancer center to wage war against cancer. Since opening in fall 2011, Banner MD Anderson has offered new hope to cancer patients and their families throughout Arizona and the Southwest.
Now we wish to take the next step in the cancer center’s development so we can truly proclaim to cancer patients and their families, Hope Starts Here.
Learn more about our Banner Health Foundation