Banner Transfer Services
Phoenix Transfer Services
Phone: (602) 839-4444 OR (888) 698-2727
Fax: (602) 839-2477
Colorado Transfer Services
Phone: (970) 810-5655 OR (866) 806-6262
Fax: (970) 810-6622
Behavioral Health Transfer Services
Phone: (602) 839-2020
Fax: (480) 412-5477
Banner Health Transfer Services assists with the placement of patients who are experiencing illnesses and injuries across the health continuum. Whether they need a higher level of care, are facing one of the most complex medical conditions, or are in search of specialty services not otherwise available, one call to Banner Health Transfer Services can locate the appropriate physician and facility for any patient.
A centralized triage team consisting of both registered nurses and administrative staff provide around- the-clock assistance coordinating patient transfers, in turn reducing admissions through already overcrowded Emergency departments.
Regardless of the medical issue or concern, a single call to Banner Health Transfer Services connects both adult and pediatric patients to the right level of care and admitting physicians the first time, often with less financial liability for the patient.
Information needed to Initiate a Medical transfer:
- Patient name (including middle name, if available)
- Date of birth
- Based on patient condition, is the transfer considered: routine, urgent, or emergent
- Referring (sending) physician first and last name (still needed for consults)
- Name of your facility
- Phone number and unit of where the patient is located
- Phone number to reach your physician
- Please fax the patient’s facesheet or demographic sheet
- Does the patient have any isolation needs: (i.e. contact or airborne precautions)?
- Will the patient need special care such as: bariatric, sitter needs, history of previous transplants, and/or accompanied by correctional or police officer.
- For continuity of care: are you requesting a certain facility or bed type?
Clinical Connectivity is Banner’s on-line link to clinical information. It is designed for physicians, office staff and health insurance staff to access clinical information quickly, easily and on their own schedules. Learn more about Clinical Connectivity and get connected.