Banner Children’s provides rehabilitation therapy for children and adolescents in inpatient and outpatient settings. Our goal is to help your child function as independently as possible in your home, at school and in the community.
Our rehabilitation services include:
- Audiology - Provides newborn hearing screenings, follow-up evaluations, diagnostic testing, hearing aid fitting and evaluation.
- Occupational Therapy – Helps children develop age-appropriate skills through play. Therapists address children's self-help skills, fine and gross motor skills, sensory processing skills and handwriting skills.
- Physical Therapy – Works with children who have developmental delays, range-of-motion limitation, strength/muscle weakness, balance difficulty and abnormal tone with the goal to promote functional gross motor skills.
- Sensory Integration Treatment – Helps children takes in sensory input (from vision, hearing, touch, taste, smell), organize this information in the brain and produce the right response.
- Speech Therapy – Helps children who have articulation, language, voice or stuttering disorders. Therapists focus on children's ability to be successful with all forms of communication including speaking, listening, reading, writing and cognitive development.
- Feeding and Swallowing Therapy – Helps to strengthen positive eating behaviors. Our specialists provide treatment for reflux, breast/bottle feeding difficulties, failure to thrive, food aversions and/or self-feeding difficulties.