What Does Wound Care Do?
Chronic or slow-healing wounds may not only be painful, but they can also be quite frustrating to the person suffering from them. The team at Sterling Regional MedCenter understands how frustrating these types of wounds can be and will provide you with the highest quality of care.
Our wound care specialists can treat a variety of problems, including:
- Diabetic ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Ischemic wounds
- Arterial wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Radiation skin injuries
- Soft tissue and bone infections
- Surgical wounds
- Traumatic injuries
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Wounds caused by auto-immune disorders
- Wounds that have not healed within 30 days
What Are My Treatment options?
If you or a loved one need wound care services, you’ll find everything you need at our wound care center. Some treatment options and other services we offer include:
- Dressing changes
- Infection management
- Compression therapy
- Ostomy care
- Negative Pressure wound therapy
- General Surgeon consultation and provision of additional wound care interventions: debridement, compression, offloading, nutrition, vascular evaluation, imaging, cultures/wound biopsy and wound care product needs