Mental health can affect everyday life including employment. Find resources to support your work journey or opportunities for employment

Peer Support Education Training Information

Are you interested in becoming a certified peer or family support specialist? First, you must be certified by an AHCCCS approved training program. You must also pass a competency exam. There are organizations in the community that can help you get started! 

Peer/Family support specialists work in a variety of settings with different populations such as:

  • Crisis Centers
  • Health Homes/Behavioral Health Clinics  
  • Peer Run Organizations
  • Health Plans

You will use your lived experience to: 

  • Run support groups
  • Mentor others
  • Identify needs and recovery goals
  • Access support and resources in the community
  • Help members to overcome service barriers

Learn more about Peer Support Employment Training Programs and how to get started.

Vocational Rehabilitation

Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) can help individuals with disabilities:

  • Prepare for employment 
  • Enter into employment
  • Maintain employment

Learn more about VR services and how to get started.

Freedom to Work

AHCCCS offers insurance for qualified individuals who are working and have a disability. This program is called the AHCCCS Freedom to Work Program.

Learn how employment earnings affect your public benefits.

Learn more about the Freedom to Work Program and how to get started.

Know Your Rights

These resources can help you understand your rights when it comes to mental health, substance use disorders and the workplace.

Banner – University Family Care/ACC and Banner – University Family Care/ALTCS members -  email [email protected] and/or [email protected] for additional assistance.