Below are some frequently asked questions about getting a second opinion:
How does it work?
- Once you select a specialty and select “Get started” you will be directed to a secure portal where you will have the options to sign in, create an account or begin the process as a guest.
- You will complete the electronic questionnaire and upload any relevant documents or imaging related to your condition through this secure portal. Payment will be requested.
- Once payment is received, your case will then be sent to a coordinator who will review all of your information. The coordinator may contact you for additional information.
- Once the coordinator verifies that the surgeon has all the necessary information to review your case, your case will be assigned to the most appropriate surgeon for your condition.
- Within 7-10 business days, you will receive a notification that your second opinion is available in the secure portal for review.
How old do I have to be?
You must be 18 years of age or older to submit a second opinion request.
How much does it cost?
The cost of your second opinion will vary depending on specialty.
- Neurosurgery (both brain and spine) second opinions are $150.
Payment must be made by credit or debit card when you submit your request. Second opinions are not usually reimbursed by insurance, but you may seek reimbursement directly from your insurance company. We do not offer payment plans or arrangements for the second opinion program.
Does this make me a patient of Banner Health?
No. Receiving a second opinion does not guarantee that you will be seen by the surgeon that reviews your case. To become a patient, you must make an appointment and be seen at a Banner Health facility. If you’ve received a second opinion and would like to be seen by a Banner Health provider please message the coordinator for your case through the secure portal or contact (602) 839-2000.
Why should I get a second opinion from Banner Health?
Banner Health, one of the leading health care systems in the country, has a strong track record of providing high-quality care. In fact, Banner Health has been ranked as one of the top 10 health systems in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Banner Health has:
- A team of experienced and compassionate doctors and specialists who are committed to providing high-quality care.
- Access to the latest technology and facilities, which allows us to provide you with the best possible care.
- A network of hospitals and clinics, so you can find care that is convenient for you.