Finding out your child has a complex health problem can feel overwhelming. From diagnosis and treatment to delivery and aftercare, Banner Health’s fetal care team makes sure you and your baby receive the best care possible. Our specialists guide you each step of the way, providing compassionate care and support for your whole family.
What Is the Fetal Care Program?
Banner Health’s Fetal Care Program is a leader in providing medical care for unborn babies with health problems. We use advanced diagnostic tools, innovative surgical and medical treatments, and integrated support care to increase the chance of survival and quality of life for babies with fetal conditions.
What Fetal Care Services Are Offered at Banner Health?
Banner Health provides an unmatched level of care for babies diagnosed with prenatal birth defects. We combine the most advanced medical care with comprehensive, family-centered support.
Our fetal care services include:
- Help navigating the diagnostic and treatment process
- Emotional support, counseling, therapy, supportive services and resources
- Coordination of care with your physician and specialists
- Development of a comprehensive care plan
- Assistance with scheduling appointments and consultations
- Follow-up communication with perinatologist or referral source
- Coordination with your delivery facility and delivery team
- Early collaboration with Children's Rehabilitative Services (CRS)
- Acceptance of direct referrals from perinatologists, obstetricians, family practitioners and other specialists
- Working with insurance companies to ensure you have access to the best treatment options available
Fetal Conditions Treated at Banner Health
Banner Health’s specialized fetal care team includes cardiologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, urologists, plastic surgeons, pediatric surgeons, nurses, care coordinators and others. Our patients have access to the best fetal care available from an experienced team specially trained to diagnose and treat rare fetal conditions, including:
- Ambiguous genitalia
- Bladder exstrophy and epispadias
- Brain and spinal abnormalities
- Cleft lip or cleft palate
- Club foot
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Congenital heart defects
- Conjoined twins
- Craniofacial abnormalities
- Cystic pulmonary malformations
- Esophageal atresia
- Fetal arrhythmia
- Lower urinary tract obstruction
- Lymphatic malformation
- Maxillofacial anomalies
- Maternal conditions associated with fetal anomalies
- Maternal heart defects
- Myelomeningocele/Spina bifida
- Skeletal dysplasias
- Tracheoesophageal fistula
Banner Health’s Fetal Care Program includes a wide range of fetal surgery, from open surgery to minimally invasive procedures. Learn more about fetal surgery.