If you are experiencing anything worrisome related to your sexual health, from pain during sex to disinterest in having sex, it’s important to share this with your doctor.
Common issues related to female sexual medicine include:
- Discomfort in the vulva, called vulvodynia
- Hormone- or medication-related issues
- Pain during sex, called dyspareunia
- Pain during orgasm
- Pelvic floor disorders
Treatment may include herbal therapies, medications, pelvic floor therapy and sometimes surgery.
Learn more about our Women’s Health services.
The pelvic floor refers to the muscles, tissues and nerves in the pelvic region of both men and women. Physical therapy and comprehensive interventions, in partnership with lifestyle and behavior modifications, can often times address the issues you’re facing.
Conditions we see and treat include:
- Bowel dysfunction, fecal incontinence and chronic constipation
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Menopausal symptoms
- Pelvic pain
- Sexual dysfunction, pain during intercourse and erectile dysfunction
- Urinary dysfunction, urinary incontinence and urinary urgency