Banner Lassen Medical Center Foundation provides a way for public-minded citizens to support the provision of a wide range of quality health care services, programs and facilities to the citizens of Lassen County. All contributions remain in Lassen County to benefit the local community.
The foundation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable 503(c)(3) organization incorporated in the State of California as the Rural Health Foundation of Lassen Community Hospital, Inc. It is registered with the Office of the Attorney General, California Department of Justice, as charitable trust number 101630.
How Donations Are Used
Foundation funds are used for projects that improve health care but are not part of the general operating budget of Banner Lassen Medical Center.
Gifts can be used in the following ways:
- To purchase patient care equipment
- To remodel or upgrade facilities
- Invest in state-of-the-art equipment
Funds are raised from individuals and corporations through the Grateful Patient Program, memorials, tributes and honorariums, naming rights, the Annual Giving Program, the Endowment Program and the Planned Giving Program.
Banner Lassen Medical Center Hospital Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship will be awarded annually to a person employed in the medical field or as medical support staff at Banner Lassen Medical Center. Following is the scholarship criteria:
- Application deadline will be Oct. 14, 2016
- Scholarship to be awarded by Nov. 30. 2016
- The top three applicants will be asked to participate in an interview with the Banner Lassen Medical Center Foundation Board.
- Previous applicants/awardees are encouraged to reapply each year.
- The scholarship is not automatically renewed for a former recipient but an application with transcripts will be considered along with new applicants.
- Scholarship is paid directly to the recipient and is considered taxable income.
- Payment will be issued upon verification of your enrollment.
- Scholarship may be used for tuition, fees, travel expenses to the university and books.
Please mail the completed application and attachments to BLMC Foundation, Scholarship Committee, 1800 Spring Ridge Dr., Susanville, CA 96130.
To make a donation or for further information, contact the Foundation:
- (530) 252-2236
- 1800 Spring Ridge Dr., Susanville, CA 96130
Fundraising contributions can come through:
- Unrestricted gifts
- Restricted gifts
- Cash contributions
- Matching gifts
- Bequests and wills
- Life insurance
- Retirement plans
- Securities and stock
- Real estate
- Gifts in-kind
Donations may be tax-deductible. Please consult with a tax advisor.