Each year thousands of people serve as Banner Health volunteers serving local community needs — helping people in emergencies, raising funds for equipment and services, providing blood, organizing programs for the elderly, for the youth ... and more. Volunteers are an important part of Banner Health's mission of making health care easier, so life can be better.
- TIP: Please set your location above in order to see the volunteering opportunities near you!
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, ranging from high school students to adults to seasonal visitors and retirees.
Our volunteers work directly with people and provide behind the scenes support. Our goal is to find a match for your interests with opportunities at our medical facilities and through our community programs.
Everyone who is interested in volunteering should expect:
- An interview with a volunteer services representative at your local facility
- A tuberculosis test either by skin or blood testing
- A background check
Additionally, you will be required to submit proof of vaccinations. Once accepted as a volunteer, you'll be given an ID badge and location-specific uniform pieces. For questions, contact the volunteer services department at your local facility.
Benefits of Volunteering
There are many benefits of volunteering including:
- Making a difference by giving back to your community through service to others.
- Contributing to the Banner Health mission of creating an excellent patient experience
- Meeting other like-minded people while serving a collective purpose.
- Developing professional skills and gaining valuable experience in the health care setting that young people need in applying for jobs, scholarships and college programs.
- Learning about the industry in general, including the relationship between the patient, the community and the health care providers.
Learn More About Becoming a Volunteer at a Banner Health Location Near You
10401 W Thunderbird Blvd
Sun City, AZ 85351
Help Others By Donating Your Time
For more than 40 years, our volunteers have been making a difference by sharing their time, compassion and smiles. They have helped countless patients and families and strengthened our communities with their spirit of generosity. In fact, Sun City, the home of Banner Boswell Medical Center, is officially the “City of Volunteers.” This designation is dramatically symbolized in our consistently large volunteer team.
Our goal is to find a good match between your interests, abilities and availability and a variety of volunteer opportunities throughout the Boswell Medical Center campus. Our program is designed for regular, long-term volunteers and recurring seasonal volunteers.
To apply for a volunteer role:
- Complete and return the Volunteer Application.
- We may contact you by email, phone or for a personal interview if we believe we have a matching volunteer opportunity.
- If we have a match, you may be offered a volunteer position contingent upon successful completion of a background check, health screen and orientation. This process could take 3-4 weeks.
We appreciate your interest in helping patients, families, physicians and staff. We invite you to learn more about becoming a volunteer with Banner Health, and hopefully find the perfect opportunity that will touch your heart and make you smile!
For more information, please contact the Banner Boswell Volunteer Resources Office at (623) 832-5387.