Each year thousands of people serve as Banner Health volunteers serving local community needs — helping people in emergencies, raising funds for equipment and services, providing blood, organizing programs for the elderly, for the youth ... and more. Volunteers are an important part of Banner Health's mission of making health care easier, so life can be better.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, ranging from high school students to adults to seasonal visitors and retirees.
Our volunteers work directly with people and provide behind the scenes support. Our goal is to find a match for your interests with opportunities at our medical facilities and through our community programs.
Everyone who is interested in volunteering should expect:
- An interview with a volunteer services representative at your local facility
- A tuberculosis test either by skin or blood testing
- A background check
Additionally, you will be required to submit proof of vaccinations. Once accepted as a volunteer, you'll be given an ID badge and location-specific uniform pieces. For questions, contact the volunteer services department at your local facility.
Please set your location above in order to see the volunteering opportunities near you!
Benefits of Volunteering
There are many benefits of volunteering including:
- Making a difference by giving back to your community through service to others.
- Contributing to the Banner Health mission of creating an excellent patient experience
- Meeting other like-minded people while serving a collective purpose.
- Developing professional skills and gaining valuable experience in the health care setting that young people need in applying for jobs, scholarships and college programs.
- Learning about the industry in general, including the relationship between the patient, the community and the health care providers.
Learn More About Becoming a Volunteer at a Banner Health Location Near You
9201 W Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85037
Help Others By Donating Your Time
At Banner Estrella Medical Center, our volunteers are an important part of our team. We are always looking for compassionate and caring individuals to volunteer four hours a week.
Each year, volunteers donate thousands of hours and talent to our Medical Center and help generate funds that benefit Banner Estrella’s programs and services through fundraising efforts of the gift shop and other special sale events.
We require all our applicants:
- Complete a thorough application, interview and background research process. (could take up to 3 weeks)
- Commit to volunteering at least 100 hours within 6 months or 1 shift per week, approximately 4 hours in length
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out our Adult Application, Teen Application or call (623) 327-4019.