Each year thousands of people serve as Banner Health volunteers serving local community needs — helping people in emergencies, raising funds for equipment and services, providing blood, organizing programs for the elderly, for the youth ... and more. Volunteers are an important part of Banner Health's mission of making health care easier, so life can be better.
- TIP: Please set your location above in order to see the volunteering opportunities near you!
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, ranging from high school students to adults to seasonal visitors and retirees.
Our volunteers work directly with people and provide behind the scenes support. Our goal is to find a match for your interests with opportunities at our medical facilities and through our community programs.
Everyone who is interested in volunteering should expect:
- An interview with a volunteer services representative at your local facility
- A tuberculosis test either by skin or blood testing
- A background check
Additionally, you will be required to submit proof of vaccinations. Once accepted as a volunteer, you'll be given an ID badge and location-specific uniform pieces. For questions, contact the volunteer services department at your local facility.
Benefits of Volunteering
There are many benefits of volunteering including:
- Making a difference by giving back to your community through service to others.
- Contributing to the Banner Health mission of creating an excellent patient experience
- Meeting other like-minded people while serving a collective purpose.
- Developing professional skills and gaining valuable experience in the health care setting that young people need in applying for jobs, scholarships and college programs.
- Learning about the industry in general, including the relationship between the patient, the community and the health care providers.
Learn More About Becoming a Volunteer at a Banner Health Location Near You
1900 N Higley Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85234
Help Others By Donating Your Time
At Banner Gateway Medical Center, our volunteers are an important part of our team. Our incredible volunteers come from all walks of life to join our family. The diversity of our community is represented in our volunteers, ranging from high school students and adults to seasonal visitors and retirees.
Each year, volunteers donate thousands of hours and talent to our Medical Center.
We require all our applicants:
- Complete a thorough application, interview and background research process (could take up to 3 weeks)
- Commit to volunteering at least 100 hours within 6 months or 1 shift per week, approximately 4 hours in length
Volunteers are needed in nearly every area of the hospital. Our goal is to find an area that fits your interests. Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Offices
- Courtesy Shuttles
- Dog Therapy
- Emergency Department
- Family Lobbies
- Gift Shop
- Information Desks
- Nursing Units
- Outpatient Center
- Patient Transport
- Volunteer Office
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out our Volunteer Application and fax it to (480) 543-2861, deliver it by hand to the hospital front desk or mail it to the hospital. Once we receive your application, our Volunteer Services manager will contact you to schedule an informational interview session.