Each year thousands of people serve as Banner Health volunteers serving local community needs — helping people in emergencies, raising funds for equipment and services, providing blood, organizing programs for the elderly, for the youth ... and more. Volunteers are an important part of Banner Health's mission of making health care easier, so life can be better.
- TIP: Please set your location above in order to see the volunteering opportunities near you!
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, ranging from high school students to adults to seasonal visitors and retirees.
Our volunteers work directly with people and provide behind the scenes support. Our goal is to find a match for your interests with opportunities at our medical facilities and through our community programs.
Everyone who is interested in volunteering should expect:
- An interview with a volunteer services representative at your local facility
- A tuberculosis test either by skin or blood testing
- A background check
Additionally, you will be required to submit proof of vaccinations. Once accepted as a volunteer, you'll be given an ID badge and location-specific uniform pieces. For questions, contact the volunteer services department at your local facility.
Benefits of Volunteering
There are many benefits of volunteering including:
- Making a difference by giving back to your community through service to others.
- Contributing to the Banner Health mission of creating an excellent patient experience
- Meeting other like-minded people while serving a collective purpose.
- Developing professional skills and gaining valuable experience in the health care setting that young people need in applying for jobs, scholarships and college programs.
- Learning about the industry in general, including the relationship between the patient, the community and the health care providers.
Learn More About Becoming a Volunteer at a Banner Health Location Near You
2000 Boise Ave
Loveland, CO 80538
Help Others By Donating Your Time
Volunteers are an essential part of McKee Medical Center. More than 350 volunteers perform a wide range of services helping McKee patients, employees and visitors.
Our incredible volunteers work in nearly all areas of the hospital from volunteering at one of our information desks to driving our golf cart shuttle service. The McKee Gift Shop, McKee Thrift Avenue and Guest Relations program are but a few of the areas where McKee volunteers make a difference for our hospital and community.
At McKee, our volunteers range in age from 14 years of age (McKee Teen Volunteer Program) to individuals in their 90s.
Applying to become a volunteer is easy! To apply, simply mail your completed Volunteer Application with two references to McKee Medical Center Volunteer Services, 2000 Boise Ave., Loveland, CO 80538. For more information, please call (970) 820-4166. Once we receive your application, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to schedule an informational interview session.