We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals, who want to help us bring a new level of cancer care to Arizona.
At Banner MD Anderson we have a very diverse team of volunteers from the community who make significant contributions of time and talent to our mission of making a difference in people's lives through excellent patient care.
We require all our applicants:
- Complete a thorough application, interview and background research process. (could take up to 3 weeks)
- Commit to volunteering at least 100 hours within 6 months or 1 shift per week, approximately 4hours in length.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out our Volunteer Application. Once we receive your application, our Volunteer Services manager will contact you to schedule an informational interview session.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
The volunteer opportunities at the Cancer Center include:
- Boutique of Hope - assist with the retail operation of this very important shop that offers gifs and inspirational items and has a strong emphasis on supporting the needs of breast cancer patients
- Courtesy Cart Drivers - provide guests with transportation from the parking lots to the Cancer Center as well as to the other buildings on the Banner Gateway campus
- Diagnostic Imaging - greet patients in the lobby and escort them throughout the department
- Information Desk - greet everyone who enters the facility and act as a resource for guiding patients and visitors to their destination. They are truly the first faces of the Cancer Center.
- Infusion Center - focus primarily on patient comfort measures for patients while they receive their treatment
- Multi-Specialty Clinic - focus on patient comfort measures and also provide some administrative support to staff
- Radiation/Oncology - assist with the escorting of new patients to the treatment area and keep them company while they are waiting for their treatment