Banner Simulation System has a wide array of equipment used to teach and improve skills sets.
Advanced Catheterization Trainer
Trainer used for urethral and supra-pubic catheterization training. Skills taught include:
- Aseptic catheterization technique
- Catheter placement
- Fluid management (Irrigation)
- Catheter removal
Advanced Venous Management Arm
Trainer used for practicing the skills related to venipuncture, phlebotomy and IV cannulation.
AirSim Bronchi Model with Nasal Passage
Airway simulator used for training all critical airway management procedures. Skills taught include:
- Visualization of internal features during bronchoscopic examination
- Tongue has a realistic shape, texture and response
- Jaw mandible allowing jaw thrust and realistic mouth opening together with the full range of jaw and mouth movements
- Neck offers a full range of extension, flexion, lateral and rotational movements
Airway Management Trainer
Upper torso and head simulates complications when practicing a variety of intubation, ventilation, and suction techniques. Skills taught include:
- oral and nasal intubation
- use of LMA (Laryngeal Mask Airway)
- demonstration of Sellick Maneuver and laryngospasm
Infant training arm with bony structures used to practice the technique of neonatal radial artery puncture. Skills taught include:
- Percutaneous puncture in radial artery site
- Blood infusion for blood backflow in syringe
Baby IV Trauma Module
Simulated infant head with internally molded scalp veins for practicing neonatal peripheral venous access. Skills taught include:
- Peripheral IV line insertion and removal for fluid and medication administration after patient stabilization
- Flash to confirm proper placement
- Maintenance and securing of line
Neonate infant used for the practice of lumbar puncture techniques.
The trainer is positioned in the lateral decubitus position. Realistic interchangeable spine with spinal cord may be palpated for location of correct puncture site and fluid may be infused.
Breastmilk Hand Expression Trainer
Model for demonstrating the techniques required for the hand expression of breast milk.
Used for teaching and learning tool for midwives, health visitors and other health care practitioners.
Central Venous Trainer
Model of human torso with detachable right arm designed for the insertion and care. Skills taught include:
- CVC and PICC line
- External jugular and subclavian catheters
- Blood withdrawal, Heparinization and fluid infusion
- Dressing and suturing techniques
Cranial Trauma Management
Cast from an actual road-accident victim. Presents students with a variety of trauma conditions. Palpable fractures include:
- Open depressed skull fracture
- Le Fort I & III
- Nasal fracture
- Bilateral mandibular fractures
- Fracture of C-6 vertebra
- Unequal pupils
Difficult Airway Trainer
Anatomically correct difficult airway management skills using manual maneuvers and mechanical devices. Skills taught include:
- Oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal airway insertion
- Endotracheal and right mainstem intubation
- Needle or surgical cricothyrotomy
- Retrograde intubation
- Percutaneous transtracheal jet ventilation
Infant Airway Management Trainer
The Infant Airway Trainer has the realistic anatomy of a three-month-old infant for teaching and practicing basic and advanced airway management skills.
Lumbar Puncture Trainer
Used for practicing lumbar puncture and epidural procedures. Skills taught include:
- Palpation of lumbar spinous process
- Needle positioning and insertion
- Collection of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)
- CSF pressure measurement
Nuclear, Biologic and Chemical (NBC) Module used to replicate the effects of toxic gasses on the central nervous system by producing realistic, frothy, bodily fluids that emanate from tear ducts, mouth and nose.
Trainer is used with Simman.
NG Tube and Trach Care Simulator
Torso task trainer for instruction in respiratory conditions and the practice of gastrointestinal care via nasal and oral access. Lungs and stomach may be filled with fluid. Skills taught include:
- Tracheostomy care
- NG tube insertion and removal
- NG tube irrigation, instillation, and monitoring
- Feeding tube insertion and removal
- Gastric lavage and gavage
Neonatal Intubation Trainer
Lifelike upper torso trainer allows teaching of airway skills on the newborn baby. Trainer has a realistic anatomy of a newborn baby. Example of skills taught include:
- Intubation (oral and nasal)
- Bag-Valve-mask ventilation
- Correct tube placement can be checked by practical inflation chest
Nursing Anne Training Modules
- Breast Exam Module facilitates training in the recognition of breast abnormalities, sizes of nodules, and relative locations by simulating multiple abnormalities found during breast examinations.
- Mastectomy Module is used to practice post-surgical mastectomy care procedures.
- Fundus Skills and assessment module is used for post-partum skills training designed to teach fundus assessment and fundal massage.
- Wound care and assessment set contains wounds that can be added to your Nursing manikin simulator for realism.
Pediatric Training Modules
Add-on trauma modules for the MegaCode Kid used for a wide range of trauma conditions. Features include:
- Head skin with zygomatic lacerations
- Chest skin with 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns
- Right-hand dog bite
- Right-hand electrical wire burn entry
- Right leg tibia fracture
- Left-thigh closed femur fracture
- Left-foot crushed toes
- Right-foot electrical wire burn exit
Peripheral Venous Access
Upper torso model with right arm designed for practicing insertion, care, and removal of peripherally inserted central catheter lines.
Movable chin simulates occlusion of jugular.
Anatomically correct cephalic, basilic, and median basilic veins, jugular, subclavian, and superior vena cava. Palpable ribs allow measurement of proper catheter length externally. Infusible veins allow realistic blood return in flashback chamber.
SimMan Nursing Modules
Add-on nursing modules for SimMan Simulator used for a wide range of trauma conditions. Features include:
- Chest surgical incision with skin staples (lay-on)
- Abdominal packing and irrigation wound (lay-on)
- Abdominal surgical incision lay-on with nylon sutures and Penrose drain
- Infected colostomy stoma
- Forearm suture module, gluteal and ventro-gluteal pressure ulcer
- Thigh packing and irrigation wound, thigh suture
- Below knee amputation, varicose vein leg with stasis ulcer
- Diabetic foot with gangrenous toes and heel decubitus ulcer
Small Wound Model (Vac Therapy)
Wound module allows for the demonstration and practice of skills associated with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy. Skills taught include:
- Applying wound dressings and set-up
- Subsequent management of Vacuum Therapy Units.
Add-on trauma module for the Simman Simulator used in trauma life support and lifesaving first-aid scenarios. Features include:
- Trauma head cover features an avulsed ear, avulsed eye, lacerations of the lip, neck, and scalp, nasal bleeding, impaled object, and face contusions.
- Seat belt contusion with compound clavicle fracture (lay-on)
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burn arm
- Hand with open fracture of index finger, exposed tendons, and multiple lacerations (sleeve)
- Abdominal wound with exposed vicera (lay-on)
- Compound femur fracture
- Crushed foot with exposed bone and soft tissue and amputation of the small toe (right)
- Projectile entry / exit wounds (small and large caliber)
Wound Care Model
Allows training in wound cleansing, classification, staging and assessment, measurement of wound length, depth, undermining, and tunneling. Skills taught include:
- pressure ulcers
- anal fistula
- suture incision