At the Infectious Disease Center, we specialize in the diagnosis and management of common and rare infections including:
- Viruses – HIV, CMV, Herpes viruses
- Bacteria – MRSA, C.diff, prosthetic joint infections, oral infections, endocarditis, recurrent pneumonia or urinary tract infection, multi-drug resistant infections
- Fungi – Valley fever (Coccidioidomycosis), Aspergillus, Candida
- Protozoa and parasitic infections
- Infections in immunocompromised hosts (including transplantation)
We continue to provide exceptional patient care through:
- Education about your condition. Being diagnosed with an infection can be scary and confusing, we take the time to explain it, provide treatment options and expected outcomes.
- Care coordination. Infections can spread to multiple parts of your body such as the lungs, heart, and bones/joints. We communicate with your other specialists and those at our other specialized institutes and centers to ensure a team approach to managing and treating your infection.
- Outpatient intravenous antibiotic therapy. For certain infections we can arrange outpatient therapy with a local infusion center or home health care company so you don’t have to come into the hospital.
The University of Arizona, in coordination with Banner – University Medicine, conducts a variety of research studies and clinical trials to support a commitment to improving patient care. As a patient at Banner – University Medical Center, you may be eligible to participate, meaning you’ll have access to new treatments which may not yet be available to the public.
All of our providers participate in the education and training of: