Some Banner Health locations offer pulmonary wellness programs. While designed for people with breathing problems such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis, others can benefit, too.
What Can Pulmonary Wellness Do for Me?
Pulmonary wellness programs include exercises and activities designed to help you:
- Manage the shortness of breath you may experience during everyday activities and exertion
- Increase your capacity, ability and desire to work, play and travel
- Regain and maintain strength, flexibility and endurance
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Lower your stress level
- Get better rest, relaxation and sleep
- Improve your movement, posture and balance
- Increase confidence in your ability to stay independent and active
Is Pulmonary Wellness the Same As Pulmonary Rehab?
Pulmonary wellness is different from pulmonary rehabilitation – but the two programs work well together. Pulmonary rehabilitation may be covered by medical insurance, but pulmonary wellness is not. Sessions are about $5 each and convenient month-to-month payment options are available. (Prices are subject to change.)
To get started, talk to your doctor about whether pulmonary wellness is a good fit for you. Participation requires a doctor’s referral.