At Banner Health, we provide a wide range of physical therapy programs. We work closely with your physician and health care team to develop individualized treatment plans that help you function independently, decrease pain and to help you achieve the best possible results quickly and safely.
What is physical therapy?
Physical therapy focuses on the evaluation, management and prevention of movement disorders. Physical therapy helps treat health problems from injury, disease, overuse of muscles or tendons and pain or loss of a body part.
At Banner Health, our experienced physical therapists provide:
- Education on how to use assistive devices, prosthetics and wheelchairs
- Movement evaluation and training
How can physical therapy help me?
Physical therapy can provide treatment and education for any of the following:
- Activities of daily living
- Balance and gait training
- Burn care
- Cardiovascular strengthening
- Casting and splinting
- Exercise programs
- Heat and cold therapy
- Muscle retraining
- Pain management
- Use of orthotics, such as braces and splints, and prosthetics, such as artificial limbs
- Wheelchair, walkers, canes and crutches