If you need assistance, please call 1-888-688-4222.
This is a free 24/7 hotline that assists providers with complex patients with pain and opioid disorders, answered by medical experts at the Poison and Drug Information Centers in Arizona.
The OAR Line provides the following services:
- A 24/7 hotline for all prescribers with real-time access to healthcare professionals including, pharmacist, nurse and physicians with expertise in medical toxicology, pharmacology and substance use disorder. Arizona providers have access to:
- Real-time consultation about prescribing opioids, treating individuals suffering from acute and chronic pain, managing high-risk patients, reconciling medication interactions, reducing opioid dosing (tapering or weaning) and treating patients with acute opioid complications or opioid withdrawal.
- Referrals for patient support and outpatient opioid and treatment services.
- Referrals for patients seeking behavioral health treatment services.
- A 24/7 hotline for Arizona citizens and care-givers for the following services:
- Emergent and non-emergent resources and referrals for individuals seeking treatment for opioid use disorder, chronic pain or opioid withdrawal.
- Warm transfers to behavioral health services or substance abuse/medication assisted treatment services.
For more information about the opioid epidemic go to www.azdhs.gov/opioid.