After a Thanksgiving meal, there’s bound to be leftovers, but instead of sticking to turkey sandwiches for the next week, mix it up a little with this tasty turkey tacos recipe. This quick and easy recipe will help you spice up anytime of the year. When you want tacos but want something a little leaner, turkey is a great choice. Your guests will enjoy digging in to this meal. Set up a taco bar with some of your favorite toppings and let people build their own–great for the kids!
Terrific Turkey Tacos RecipeMakes 8 tacos
- 10 oz. shredded or diced cooked turkey
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup of roasted hatch green chili or canned diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro-finely chopped
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. of oregano
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ⅓ cup shredded jack and sharp cheddar cheese mixed
- 8 ea. 6 inch flour or corn tortillas
DirectionsHeat oil in a skillet. Add jalapeno, hatch chili, and onion. Cook 1–2 minutes. Add turkey, cilantro and spices. Cook until heated through. Serve 1 oz. on warm corn or flour tortillas. Top with cheese mixture and enjoy!
Note: Build a taco bar with your favorite toppings! Cabbage, lettuce, tomato, Pico de Gallo, salsa, sour cream, Greek yogurt, avocado and assorted cheeses.
Join the Conversation