How to Survive & Thrive With Diabetes
You know it’s important to manage your diabetes to stay well. And you can count on Banner Health for information and help. We offer classes, support groups and more to help you manage diabetes and take control of your health.
View our Living Well with Diabetes for Adults ebook (Spanish)
View our Diabetes Interactive Education App
Where Can I Find Diabetes Education Classes?
Our diabetes education classes teach you and your family about diabetes management. We discuss topics that help you learn to:
- Eat healthy, plan meals and read food labels
- Exercise to lower your blood sugar
- Monitor your blood sugar
- Understand risks for diabetes-related complications and how to respond
Are There Diabetes Support Groups to Help Me?
Living with diabetes can feel overwhelming if you don’t have a support network in place. We offer support groups to help you and your family cope with the impact diabetes can have on your lives.
Are There Education Tools Available Online?
Yes, we offer two resources that provide helpful information and tools to manage type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Diabetes-related complications
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Healthy eating and physical activity guidelines
- Hyperglycemia – preventing and treating high blood sugar
- Hypoglycemia – preventing and treating low blood sugar
- Monitoring your blood sugar
- Taking diabetes medication and insulin