We understand it is important to allow patients and their families to make their own decisions, find spiritual peace and say goodbye to loved ones. Hospice is often helpful for those:
- With a life-threatening illness
- Who do not respond to treatment
- Who no longer seek aggressive treatment
- Who want palliative care, which focuses on providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, physical stress, and mental stress of a serious illness.
- Need help with pain management related to a terminal illness.
- Patients can receive care in their homes surrounded by friends and family.
- Our inpatient unit provides 24-hour care by a supervising nurse and medical staff.
- Banner Hospice also provides care in many of the group homes, assisted living facilities, independent living facilities and skilled nursing facilities.
Medicare Hospice Benefit
The Medicare hospice benefit pays for:
- Care and services of hospice team members
- Medications and medical equipment related to the terminal illness
- All levels of care: routine, respite, inpatient and continuous
Private Insurance Carriers
Those carrying private insurances often have a hospice benefit available. If you have private insurance and are not sure of hospice coverage, please contact our office at (480) 657-1100, and we will be happy to assist you.