Sometimes when it becomes clear that an illness is terminal, you may decide to focus on comfort and quality of life with your family rather than seek a cure. Hospice care may be the right option at a time like this. Banner Hospice provides symptom management with a focus on dignity, as well as support services for you and your family.
Our dedicated team of professionals works closely with patients, families and caregivers to create a plan of care that will help everyone through this time.
What Does Hospice Do?
- We understand it is important to allow patients and their families to make their own decisions, find spiritual peace and say goodbye to loved ones. Hospice is often helpful for those:
- With a life-threatening illness.
- Who do not respond to treatment.
- Who no longer seek aggressive treatment.
- Want palliative care. Palliative care focuses on providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, physical stress, and mental stress of a serious illness.
- Need help with pain management related to a terminal illness.
Where does Hospice care take place?
- Patients can receive care in their homes surrounded by friends and family.
- Our inpatient unit provides 24-hour care by a supervising nurse and medical staff.
- Banner Hospice also provides care in many of the group homes, assisted living facilities, independent living facilities and skilled nursing facilities.
Who Pays for Hospice?
The Medicare Hospice benefit pays for:
- Care and services of hospice team members
- Medications and medical equipment related to the terminal illness
- All levels of care - routine, respite, inpatient and continuous
Private Insurance Carriers:
- Those carrying private insurances often have a hospice benefit available.
- If you have private insurance and are not sure of hospice coverage, please contact our office at (480) 657-1100, and we will be happy to assist you.