Great Care Starts with an Accurate Diagnosis
Medical imaging plays an important role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From the detection and treatment of illnesses such as cancer or heart disease to the diagnosis of broken bones or bone abnormalities, Banner’s varied medical imaging and radiology services help your doctor to see what’s going on and create a custom treatment plan for you.
What Are My Medical Imaging Options?
Advanced imaging technologies combined with certified imaging professionals ensure accurate imaging services for adult and pediatric patients at all Banner Health facilities.
Common imaging services we offer include:
- 3D mammography – shows the fine details of breast tissue
- MRI – creates detailed images of the body
- PET CT – helps track the spread of cancer throughout the body
- Ultrasound – images certain parts of the body and is well-known for imaging unborn babies
- X-ray – identifies abnormalities such as fractures, arthritis, lung masses and signs of trauma
Additionally, Banner offers interventional radiology, which uses state-of-the-art, live imaging to guide small instruments though the body – replacing the scalpel with a needle. This approach allows our expert team to perform minimally invasive, nonsurgical procedures at the site of the illness.
Does Banner Health Participate in Imaging Research?
Banner Health initiates and participates in research projects spanning all aspects of health care. Medical imaging is vital to the research process. State-of-the-art imaging technologies ranging from traditional X-rays to advanced positron emission tomography (PET) help researchers at Banner Health explore the human body and examine the impact of their efforts.