Service To The Medical Community
The Banner Poison and Drug Information Center is dedicated to working with and supporting other health care professionals.
We have six board-certified physician toxicologists and three toxicologists–in-training based at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix.
- Lectures/ in-service training for physicians/ nurses at hospitals and health care clinics. Call (602) 839-6690.
- Telephone consultation regarding poisoned patients, 24 hours a day 365 days a year - (800) 222-1222.
- A toxicology clinic can be accessed by calling (602) 839-6690.
- IMEs ( Independent Medical Evaluations) for other physicians, lawyers and claims adjusters. Call (602) 839-6690.
The Banner Poison and Drug Information Center encourages requests for in-service and consultations from:
- Occupational health clinics
- Fire departments
- Hazardous material teams
- First responders
- Workplace in the event of chemical or biological accidents and exposures
- Private physician’s offices
- Emergency facilities
- Urgent Care facilities
- Drug abuse and alcohol treatment facilities
Physicians can be reached through the (800) 222-1222 telephone line 365 days a year.