Services At This Location
Patients and Visitors
Being diagnosed with a memory or movement disorder is difficult for both patients and their loved ones. The Cleo Roberts Memory and Movements Disorders Center, located on the campus of Banner Sun Health Research Institute, provides compassionate and state-of-the-art care.
The clinic makes available, when possible, all ongoing studies and investigational medications in the field of Alzheimer's and Parkinson’s disease.
Family and Community Services
Caring for a person with dementia/movement disorder takes ongoing education, support and mentoring. Family Community Services has designed classes and programs to meet your in-person, online, webinar/teleconference and select DVDs. Keep in mind that many of our programs are designed for caregivers, family and friends of the person with Dementia. We offer various programs that are free to the community and patient’s families on a monthly basis. Please visit our calendar of events to find out what programs/classes are being offered.
Learn more about:
If you have any questions, please call us at (623) 832-6530.
If you need to fax us a referral, please send it to (623) 832-6504.
The work by scientists and physicians at Banner Sun Health Research Institute has had a significant impact on generating groundbreaking research, developing effective treatments and devising strategies for prevention of many diseases.
We specialize in:
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s disease, Tourette’s syndrome, dystonia, and tremors
- Family and Community Services
- Brain and Body Donation Program
- Center for Healthy Aging Program
- Support Groups
BSHRI, together with its Arizona consortium partners, has been designated by the National Institutes of Health as one of just 31 Alzheimer’s Disease Centers in the nation. In addition, the first state-sponsored Arizona Parkinson’s Disease Center was established at Banner Sun Health Research Institute. We are also home to The Center for Healthy Aging, which explores the multiple factors contributing to healthy aging to enhance the quality of life for older adults.
We provide support for the community through our lectures and support groups, and provide groundbreaking care through our Cleo Roberts Memory and Movement Disorders Center.
We help train the next generation of researchers through our summer and school-year internships. Banner Sun Health Institute contributes to research around the nation through its Brain and Body Donation Program, in which local residents donate their tissue upon death to science. More than 1,600 local residents have donated their brain or tissue through the program.
Learn more about Banner Sun Health Research Institute.
If you have any questions, please call us at (623) 832-6530 or fax us at (623) 832-6504.
Banner Sun Health Research Institute is committed to finding better treatments for neurological illnesses including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, Lewy Body Dementia, REM sleep behavior disorder, Tourette syndrome, Huntington’s disease, tardive dyskinesia, progressive supranuclear palsy, and related memory and movement disorders.
Patients and their families are invited to join the fight against these devastating memory and movement disorders by participating in a clinical trial.
- Banner Alzheimer’s Institute—As part of the Banner Alzheimer’s Institute, we are committed to conducting revolutionary studies in the detection and treatment of Alzheimer’s and related diseases. In our fight to end Alzheimer’s disease, we have forged a growing number of scientific, medical, and academic collaborations.
- The Brain and Body Donation Program is a autopsy-based, research-devoted brain bank and biospecimen bank that derives its human donors from the Arizona Study of Aging and Neurodegenerative Disease (AZSAND), a longitudinal clinicopathological study of the health and diseases of elderly volunteers. We study their function during life and their organs and tissue after death. To date, we have concentrated our studies on Alzheimer’s disease, Dementia with Lewy bodies, Parkinson’s disease, heart disease and cancer. We share the banked tissue, biomaterials and biospecimens with qualified researchers worldwide.
- Clinical Research Trials— Patients and their families are invited to join the fight against these devastating memory and movement disorders by participating in a clinical trial at Banner Sun Health Research Institute.