Banner Health and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center opened the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center on Sept. 26, 2011 on the campus of Banner Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert, Ariz.
The center joins Banner Health, one of the country’s largest nonprofit hospital systems, with MD Anderson, internationally renowned for its cancer treatment and research, to deliver unprecedented levels of cancer care in Arizona.MD Anderson’s mission to “eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research, education and prevention” complements Banner Health’s mission “to make a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care.”
Patients at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center receive care based on the same protocols and practice standards provided at MD Anderson and benefit from integration with MD Anderson specialists in Houston. The new facilities were designed with MD Anderson experts, ensuring state of the art equipment and treatment capabilities are in place. MD Anderson provides clinical direction for the new cancer center, which is the broadest extension of its services outside Houston.
Banner MD Anderson patients experience customized, comprehensive and compassionate cancer care. Patients have a team of experts who understand the nuances of each type of cancer to develop a treatment plan based on his or her unique needs.
Our cancer experts include medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, physician specialists, nurses and clinical support staff. Clinical nurse navigators work closely with patients, guiding them through their first visit and serving as a single point of contact throughout their care.
While the cancer center provides care for all types of cancers, our primary focuses include:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancers
- Gynecologic cancers
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Prostate cancer
- Hematologic malignancies, such as lymphoma and leukemia
At Banner MD Anderson, we have many special features to help us provide you with the best cancer care. They include:
- Convenience, accessibility and healing are the cornerstones of the center.
- Its design merges the “high tech” world of medicine with the “high touch” needs of cancer patients to provide customized, holistic care.
- The center’s unique environment incorporates proven evidence-based design theories to enhance healing such as natural light, artwork, water features and views of nature.
- Patient and family amenities include:
- Expansive lobbies
- Outdoor balconies for infusion therapy
- Larger patient rooms and treatment areas
- Patient and family support
- Retail services