Your Partner for Maternity Care
The birth of your baby is a special time for you and your family. We understand that choosing your pregnancy care team is one of the most important steps in preparing for the birth of your child. We focus on helping you feel comfortable, informed and safe. Each year, Banner Health’s maternity teams deliver more than 30,000 babies at our hospitals.
We use the same best practices for maternity care, labor and delivery at all of our locations. This includes following specific guidelines for elective inductions and offering peanut balls for easier labor.
What Maternity Services Are Available?
At Banner Health’s hospitals, Banner Health Clinics and Banner Health Centers, we offer complete maternity services — routine and specialized care, education, and support.
Maternity services we offer include:
Where Can I Learn More About Maternity Care?
Explore our other resources to help you take care of yourself and your family:
Where Can I Go for Maternity Care?
Learn more about maternity care near you.
1400 S Dobson Rd
Mesa, AZ 85202
Excellence in Maternity Care
At Banner Desert Medical Center, you’ll find all of the maternity care you need, whether your pregnancy is normal and healthy or complicated and high-risk.
You are the most important member of our team, which includes doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, surgeons, neonatologists, perinatal specialists, technicians and other staff members.
We focus on making you feel comfortable, informed and safe while you’re with us and hope you’ll remember this special time at Banner Desert Medical Center.
What Maternity Care Do I Need?
Our complete maternity services include:
- Pregnancy care for normal, complicated and high-risk pregnancies
- Multiple-birth specialists who deliver more high-order multiples than any other facility in the world
- Labor and delivery care
- Mother and baby care
- Level III Perinatal Center for patients with obstetrical medical issues — hospitalization during high-risk pregnancy
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Banner Children’s at Cardon Children’s Medical Center for premature and sick babies — the only such unit in the East Valley and one of the largest in Arizona
- Pregnancy and Teen Health (PATH) free pregnancy support program for women 21 and younger
- Lactation consultants