No matter where you are in the United States, if you are having an emergency related to drugs or poisoning, you can dial (800) 222-1222 and you will be connected to the local poison and drug information center. Be sure to post the poison control number near your home phone and save it in your cell phone.
When to Call
Don’t hesitate to contact your local center with any concerns or questions.
- If you think someone has been poisoned
- If someone has taken more than the appropriate dosage of a medication or an unknown medication
- If someone has overdosed on drugs
- If someone has been stung or bit by something you believe might be poisonous
- If you need first aid advice
- Banner Poison & Drug Information Center
- Children and Poison Safety
- Poison Safety when Hiking and Camping
- Poison Safety at the Holidays
- Poison Safety Around the House
- Medications and Poison Safety