Trying to eat healthier doesn’t mean your family has to give up dessert. We’ve got the perfect frozen banana treat for you as an alternative to cake and ice cream. Our Penguin Pops are a sure-fire way to brighten everyone’s day, and they are just the perfect mix of sweet, tasty and healthy.
Plus, you can get the whole family involved on preparing them together. Want to try them yourself?
Here’s what you need:
- 2-3 bananas
- Orange candies (3 per banana)
- A bag of chocolate chips
- Candy eyes (4 per banana)
One banana makes two Penguin Pops.
Here’s how you do it:
- Gather the ingredients
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave (30 seconds at a time, mix, and repeat until smooth).
- Peel the banana and cut it in half. Dip the banana’s ends into the melted chocolate at an angle, covering the back of the halves.
- Split the orange candies in half
- Add the candy eyes to the chocolate covered banana. Use three halves of the orange candies for the beak and feet.
- Put the treats in the freezer for 20 minutes.
After they’re frozen, serve them up and enjoy.